Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances

Authors:  John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle
Original title: Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances
Pages: 354
Edition Language: English

Series: no
Genres: YA, Romance, Family




    I've been meaning to read this for some time. I'm glad I finally did, but I wouldn't say I would recommend it to any of my friends. I found the stories generally interesting enough to keep reading, but I didn't fall in love with any characters, any settings, and any stories.
      This was a sweet Christmas read and set me in a proper winter mood. I also liked the cooperation of three authors and the fact that these stories are linked with each other and you recognize the characters as you read on.
      The book started off interesting and got progressively boring. The best stories are from Maureen Johnson and John Green. The last one seems like non-stop whining. I liked the development of the Jubilee story, lively staff and great weather description, but I did not like her judgments and how easy she is to persuade, but altogether the story was fun with many plot turns.
John Green's story kind of baffled me. I wanted to like this story more, but the main characters seem so irrational and sometimes stupid. Their idiotic actions and the twister game were the only thing that made the plot moving.
     I did not like Lauren Myracle's story mostly thanks to her main character, that was a self-absorbed spoiled girl and the attempts of the author to show that the girls is so ready to change.The last chapter was a killer. I was like watching a second-rate love story from 80s. Terrible soupy ending of the nice book.
    And finally this was surely a quick read; it would be good for anyone who's looking for light reading on Christmas without any deep thoughts to get you in the right winter and holiday mood.


Rating: 
    2/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment