Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday and Monthly Recomendation

           It happened that the topic for TTT for Dec. 6 and Monthly Recommendation group is the same this time. So to avoid two posts I have it in one. First I will have a list of all new authors this year I get to know so far and then I will mentioned the ones I recommend.
 Topic: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016 

1. Jo Nesbø
2. Ransom Riggs
3. Marissa Meyer
4. Ali Smith
5. Jojo Moyes
6. Michael Punke
7. Billie Letts
8. Martin McDonagh
9. Gillian Flynn
10. Neil Gaiman

        The following authors I would greatly recommend: Ransom Rigg, Jo Nesbø and Martin McDonagh.
      There is no point to talk about Ranson Riggs and about his trilogy: it is captivating and original in plot and format. I am waiting for future book to see now his talent develops.
      Jo Nesbø is an author that is getting better from book to book. His writing skills are improving radically and his imagination is amazing.
       Martin McDonagh is an English/Irish playwright, screenwriter and film director. The plays are full of humor and drama. There is something in the character development and their attitude to life that you can always recognize McDonag' s mastermind.
       I would also like to mention Marissa Meyer. I believe her Luna chronicles are insane, but writing style does not appeal to me so much, in opposition to the great story development.

      My opinion of the authors is strictly based on the books I read. There are chances that I've got not the best book or I was not in a mood for this or that book. So the opinion is subjective and can be altered later on with a better book.

      Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Visit their blog for more details on how to participate. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list on specific topic.   
  

     In this group we will have a monthly theme for book recommendations to share on your BookTube channel or blog. It is pretty relaxed with when you can upload, but we recommend that you upload the first full week of each month. You are welcome to recommend as many books as you want.  We would love for you to share the books you would recommend based on each months topic, no matter how many you have.  For more details visit the a group on Good Reads named Monthly Recommendations. This group was created by Trina from Between Chapters and Kayla Rayne.


4 comments:

  1. Marissa Meyer was on my list this week too. I didn't love the first book in the Lunar Chronicles, but I'm currently reading and enjoying her new book Heartless.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/06/top-ten-tuesday-86/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read any of the authors on your list, but I am so impressed with your comment about Jo Nesbo. I love the fact that you may have found his writing a bit lacking in previous books but haven't given up reading him and are noticing his improvement from book to book. As a writer, myself, I can attest that it is much harder to write a good book than most people think it is, and it is wonderful to have readers who are willing to give a writer a chance by not writing them off after just one book because every writer improves the more they write. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kelly, Everyone deserves a chance)) especially the authors. I noticed that my perception of the book is greatly influenced by different external factors (noise, cold, hot, uncomfortable place) and internal factors (bad mood, sickness and so on). So it is very hash to refuse another chance since the perception might not be objective))
      And most of the authors really improve when they write more)

      Delete
  3. You had an awesome month for new authors! Joao Moyes & Gillian Flynn are personal favorites. I haven't read any of Nesbo's books yet, but your comment makes me want to read one of his most recent- so neat that you have gotten to see him improve over the years!

    ReplyDelete