Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 29, Top Ten Tuesday

        Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Visit their blog for more details on how to participate. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list on specific topic. 

Topic: Holiday Gift Guide freebie - 10 books to buy for your dad
 
      My father is a huge fan of detective stories, mysteries and action books. At the same time he likes politic memoirs and philosophical works. But I also try to keep him up to date and provide new contemporary books and new authors. So this is going to be the mixture of everything.

1. The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith 
2. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
3. Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel
4. In Search of Lost Time/Remembrance of Things Past by Marcel Proust
5. Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen)
6. The Swimming-Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst 
7. The Hours by Michael Cunningham 
8. The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie
9. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
10. The Snowman by Jo Nesbø

Actually this is quite a nice list and I would like to read all the books myself.

2 comments:

  1. *Sigh* I keep saying this but I am fairly certain all the books you've mentioned are on my TBR pile. I especially want to read The Maltese Falcon and Out of Africa. Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous choices on your list. I really wish my Dad was into reading more because I think he would enjoy all of these.

    ReplyDelete