Wednesday, March 22, 2017

WWW Wednesday and Library Loot, March 22th

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Sam over at Taking on a World of Words. A similar meme, This Week in Books is hosted by Lipsyy Lost and Found.
Description: WWW Wednesday is a weekly event where you share answers Below questions:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
  
I am currently reading 3 books:

1. I am still listening to A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler.
2. I have just started a short story collection A Slow Boat to China by Haruki Murakami. I am not sure if this collection was translated into English, at least I could not find the English version. I like the unique narration of Murakami and deliberate simplicity of the stories.
3. I have just started a short story collection A Sportsman's Sketches by Ivan Turgenev.

I have finished 3 books:
1. Last week I finished The Unmade Bed by Françoise Sagan.
2. I have finished novella Asya by Ivan Turgenev.
3. I have just finished a graphic novel The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman

I am planning to start with the following books:
1. Dogheaders by Alexey Mavrin
2. The Haunted Life by Jack Kerouac
3. The Graveyard Book Volume 1 by Neil Gaiman.


Hosted by: The Captive Reader and Silly Little Mischief
Description: Library Loot is a weekly event that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.

I got 3 books from the library this week:
1. The Graveyard Book Volume 1 by Neil Gaiman. I was advised this book by a homeless looking guy, who saw that I was struggling with the graphic novel choice.
2. The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman
3. A Russian horror novel which I loosely translate as Dogheaders by Alexey Mavrin. I do not believe it is translated in English, but the book has some recognition in Russian book tube, so I will see what it has to propose.

3 comments:

  1. The Graveyard Book is interesting. Hope you enjoy it when you get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved A Spool of Blue Thread...and I'm curious about The Sleeper and the Spindle.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Graveyard Book is in my TBR pile as well. I've been hit and miss on my enjoyment of Gaiman's books though so I keep shoving it down the pile, haha.

    ReplyDelete