The theme this week is: Future Classics
For this topic, I need to compile the list of books I think might be considered classics one day. So I guess Harry Potter will be in everybody's list, so I will skip it as it is already on the way to become classic.
So my list is below. This is my personal view on those books and maybe any of you might be surprised at the candidates, but some today classics were also once cheesy love stories, so why, say Chocolat, cannot become classics one day as well?
- Cider House Rules by John Irving
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Human Croquet by Kate Atkinson
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Chocolat by Joanne Harris