Wednesday, March 29, 2017

T5W March 29, Future Classics

This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013. Every week there is a new topic and your list of 5 nominates will be based off this topic. For further information check out the Goodreads Page.

The theme this week is: Future Classics 

      For this topic, I need to compile the list of  books I think might be considered classics one day. So I guess Harry Potter will be in everybody's list, so I will skip it as it is already on the way to become classic.
     So my list is below. This is my personal view on those books and maybe any of you might be surprised at the candidates, but some today classics were also once cheesy love stories, so why, say Chocolat, cannot become classics one day as well?
  • Cider House Rules by John Irving
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  • Human Croquet by Kate Atkinson
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • Chocolat by Joanne Harris

2 comments:

  1. I can see Cider House Rules- I haven't read it but didn't they make a movie out of it, and from what I've heard I can see this being considered classic maybe at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Greg, I have heard about the movie only good things, but did not have a chance to see it. But judging by the book it should be good.

      Delete