Life Between Words and Krista from BooksAndJams.
Katie's Announcement Video / Instagram
Krista's Announcement Video / Instagram
CHALLENGES (optional, of course):
1. Read an award winner
2. Read a book to movie adaptation
3. Read a children's classic
4. Read a childhood favorite
5. Read a diverse book
February 28 @ 8:30 pm (CST) - What is Middle Grade
March 7 @ 8:30 pm (CST) - Our TBRs and Book Recommendations
March 28 @ 8:30pm (CST) - Girl Who Drank the Moon discussion
I do not read too many so I put up quite a big TBR list so I can choose from depending on the mood.
1. First of all I would like to read The School for Good and Evil and A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani. I will start with the first book in the series and see if I like it enough to pick up the second one. I do not think I will read more the two books from this series, even if I would love it.
2. I want to check Jo Nesbo's series about Doctor Proctor. Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder, Bubble in the Bathtub, Doctor Proctor Who Cut the Cheese?, The Great Gold Robbery are the four books so far and quite chunky, so it will be good to start and see if it any good.
3. I would like to start A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I have heard so much about the series but never read it, so it is a big opportunity to begin. This books will also be a reply to challenge #2
4. For challenge #3 I will read a book by Frances Hodgson Burnett: A Little Princess, The Secret Garden or Little Lord Fauntleroy
5. For childhood favorite (challenge #4) I will re-read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling and for an award winner (challenge #1) I will most probably read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in this gorgeous Illustrated Edition.
I have not decided on last challenge and see what recommendations others will have.