Friday, April 8, 2022

Awkward by Svetlana Chmakova

Author: Svetlana Chmakova
Original title: Awkward
Pages: 224
Edition Language: English
Series: Berrybrook Middle School #1
Format: Paperback
Genres: Middle Grade, Comics
Goodreads

Blurb:    
   On her first day at her new school, Penelope Torres trips into a quiet boy in the hall, Jaime Thompson, she's already broken the first rule, and the mean kids start calling her the "nerder girlfriend." How does she handle this crisis? By shoving poor Jaime and running away.  Falling back on rule two and surrounding herself with new friends in the art club, Peppi still can't help feeling ashamed about the way she treated Jaime.

My thoughts: 
    My final book for Middle Grade March 
    It was a cute and fast read with manga-like drawings. I could not give it more that 3 stars as I was not touched or driven by the story. Apart from cuteness, it does not bring much on the table. Though, Peppi's awkwardness and character growth are vivid and appealing.
    I liked the picture of Mr R and miss Tobin, they are great. The two ideal driven types of teachers, who can influence your life choices and help you to carry interest and love for the subject for years.
   
Altogether, I highly recommend the comics, I just was not for me, and I will not read the rest of the series.
 Rating:  
    3/5  

No comments:

Post a Comment