Friday, February 10, 2017

Stay Close by Harlan Coben

Author: Harlan Coben 
Original title: Stay Close 
Pages: 416
Edition Language: English
Series: no 

Format: Paperback
Genres: Crime, Thriller, Mystery 
Goodreads


Blurb:
Megan is a suburban soccer mom. She’s got two kids, a perfect husband, a perfect house and a growing sense of dissatisfaction. Ray used to be a talented documentary photographer, but at age forty he finds himself in a dead-end job posing as a paparazzo pandering to celebrity-obsessed rich kids. Jack is a detective who can’t let go of a cold case - a local husband and father disappeared seventeen years ago. As the terrible consequences of long-ago events crash together in the present and threaten to ruin lives, they will come to the startling realization that they may not want to forget the past at all.

My thought: 
     This was a good serial killer mystery with several different past and current stories coming together. Three people all with a hidden past: Megan and Ray are both hiding from it; Broome, the detective, is trying to reveal the past to find peace. Megan, with the help of a friend, come to the point when she cannot run from the past anymore and wants to come clean, so she contacts Jack to give him her version of the murder 19 years ago. So from this point the plot develops really quickly. I was quite surprised that Broome, who could not meet any ends for 19 years, now so easily progresses in the investigation. There are also the strange couple of mob killers to spice up the plot, but does not fit too much, in my opinion. Frankly speaking, I was not impressed by the book, but at the same time I could not put it down. 

Rating:
    3/5 

2 comments:

  1. I like Harlan Coben but am guessing this must be new as I hadn't seen it before....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was first published in 2013. I have never heard about this author and came across this book during the holiday. But I guess I will check some other books from this author later on.

      Delete