Monday, February 13, 2017

Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick

Author: Anna Kendrick
Original title: Scrappy Little Nobody
Edition Language: English
Series: no
Genres: Nonfiction, Humor, Autobiography, Memoir
Format: Audio book
Read by: Anna Kendrick
Duration: 6h
Goodreads


Blurb:
A collection of humorous autobiographical essays by the Academy Award-nominated actress and star of Up in the Air and Pitch Perfect. Even before she made a name for herself on the silver screen starring in films like Pitch Perfect, Up in the Air, Twilight, and Into the Woods, Anna Kendrick was unusually small, weird, and “10 percent defiant.”

My thoughts:
      Scrappy little book about nothing. I do not like the book, and I had 3 moments when I wanted to DNF it, but since it is not that big I finished it. I did not find either anything interesting either about Anna herself or about the people around her. There were quite a lot of speculation and a lot of description of movie events, which were ok, not grasping but eatable. I found the part where she describes her adventures during High Society performing in New York City most interesting actually. The rest was kind of dull, not in the since it was not interesting what happened in her life but the writing was not that good.
      On the whole I had a feeling that this book was written for the sake of the book, I do not see any other purpose. It is not that informative about Anna herself (do not see much relation description with her parents or friend), nor about her career development and the effect every movie had on her (everything is described so vaguely and common), nor it has any educational value. What nagged me a lot is the attitude towards drugs (I count weed here too). Sometimes there was some kind of advises to the reader, and then something like "I was so happy he had a joint" comes out in the middle of nowhere. The usage of the f*** word combination and female organs are also were not so much in place. It just did not coincide with the whole picture of the book and set the teeth on edge. The reading of the book was also average, sometimes I felt so uneasy when she screamed to emphasize the line.
      Altogether, I guess it is a book to read for a teen who thinks about acting career, to see the obstacles and difficulties or for truly loyal fans of Anna Kendrick but for me it was a waste of time.
Rating: 
    2/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment