Friday, February 24, 2017

Under The Skin by Michel Faber

Author: Michel Faber 
Original title: Under The Skin 
Pages: 296
Edition Language: English
Series: no 

Format: Paperback
Genres: Horror, Fantasy  
Goodreads


Blurb:
In this haunting, entrancing novel, Michel Faber introduces us to Isserley, a female driver who cruises the Scottish Highlands picking up hitchhikers. Scarred and awkward, yet strangely erotic and threatening, she listens to her hitchhikers as they open up to her, revealing clues about who might miss them if they should disappear.

My Thoughts:
     I did not like the book, though I finished it. Quite a gruesome story without much development. It is almost impossible to do a review on the book without spoiling the key points, which actually kept the story alive. On the other hand, I cannot say it was a bad read, I actually quite liked the style and how it was written, it is just the plot did not work out for me. I did not take much from the story, and felt quite sick most part of it, thought there were no repulsive descriptions the imagination did the work.
    The character development of main character Isserley was not development at all, but going in cycles. And I found the hitchhikers' point of view quite useless. They did not add anything vital or exciting to the story.
     I would only recommend this book to readers who are struggling to become a vegetarian, this book can help a lot. It left a bad aftertaste and I would like to forget the plot of the book as soon as possible. Though I may watch a movies based on the novel first.
Rating:
    2/5   

No comments:

Post a Comment