Outside the Blog
I am left alone at home for this weekend which is not a bad thing at all when you have a great wish to read and too many people walking around during a week.
I finished A Monster Calls this week I thought it is a very touching story and written masterfully, I cannot give this book full praise as it seems to me (regardless of the topic seriousness) too juvenile.
I started a non-fiction book which does not happen often The Making of Pride and Prejudice by Sue Birtwistle and Susie Conklin. I was not sure I would like this type of book and was pleasantly surprised by the smooth narration and great structure of the book. I do not hurry through it and enjoying reading about making one of my favourite TV series.
Last on the Blog
- On Monday, 21.08 I published ShakeTube project details
- On Tuesday, 22.08 I published May 2017 Wrap up
- On Wednesday, 23.08 I reviewed All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka
- On Friday, 25.08 I published Tome Topple Readathon Wrap Up
- On Sunday, 27.08 I reviewed play The Taming of the Shrew
Next on the Blog
- I will review movie/book About a Boy by Nick Hornby
- I will review North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- I will publish July 2017 Wrap up
- I will review The Son by Jo Nesbo
- I will review play Richard III
Finally I got my first box with books and games I ordered. I have bought Taboo board game and hope that our family will enjoy it, or I may play it with friends in any case.
So the books I have ordered are:
The Thirst by Jo Nesbø - the latest book in Harry Hole series
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
L by Erlend Loe (I am trying to find the English translation for the title)
The Pharmacist by Ingrid Noll
People that are always with me by Narine Abgarjan (I do not thing this book is translated in English yet)
A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab