Saturday, August 5, 2017

Tome Topple Readathon on August 4 - 17th - TBR

     The next round of the Tome Topple Readathon will take place from midnight in your time zone on August 4th to 11:59pm in your time zone on August 17th!
     The whole point of this readathon is to read big books (over 500 pages). You don't even need to read a lot of them. You don't even need to finish one. The point is that we are all reading those big daunting books at the same time and supporting each other.  Tome Topple Readathon Goodread group.
      All books read need to be over 500 pages! That's the only "rule".

     This time I could not find any challenges, so I decided to make some challenges for myself:
Old challenge:                                                   My challenge:
1. Read more than 1 tome                                 1.Read more than 1 tome
2. Read a graphic novel                                     2. Read 1 tome in the original language
3. Read a tome that's part of a series                 3. Read a tome that's part of a series
4. Buddy read a tome                                        4. Read a translated tome
5. Read an adult novel                                       5. Read an YA novel

My ambitious TBR is: 
     The must read for readathon, which fill the challenges 1 and 2:
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy p.860
I did not read this book during previous round since I was already reading Oblomov by by Ivan Goncharov which is another Russian classics and it was too much for me.
Blood Ties by Samantha Hayes p.543

     For challenge 4 I have:
The Son by Jo Nesbø  p.527

    For challenge 3 I have
The Cuckoo's Calling p. 509 - first book in Cormoran Strike series by Robert Galbraith

     For challenge 5 I have
Runemarks by Joanne Harris p.503 - first book in Runemarks series
 
    In case, just in case, I would be successful in this readathon I have two more books to read or at least to start:
1. The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek p.702
2. The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón p. 527

No comments:

Post a Comment