Friday, October 20, 2017

Goodnight June by Sarah Jio

Author: Sarah Jio
Original title: Goodnight June
Pages: 384
Edition Language: Russian
Series: no 
Format: e-book
Genres: Chick Lit, Romance
Goodreads

Blurb:     
June Andersen is professionally successful, but her personal life is marred by unhappiness. Unexpectedly, she is called to settle her great-aunt Ruby’s estate and determine the fate of Bluebird Books, the children’s bookstore Ruby founded in the 1940s. Amidst the store’s papers, June stumbles upon letters between her great-aunt and the late Margaret Wise Brown—and steps into the pages of American literature.

My thoughts: 
      This was my first time reading this author. I heard about her quite a lot and was wondering if I might like her books. It turned out no. I was aware that this book is a romantic story and I did not expect it to be very intellectual read, but it turned out to be just rubbish. I have read a lot of love romance and this one was not a good one. Every character was as flat as paper, and predictable as a 5 o'clock tea. I cannot find any positive scene in the book: Seattle seemed like a village with three houses, the main love interest too perfect and eager to marry after 2 days, even the situation with a cancer and hospital seems so forced, just to paint the book less pink. I forced myself to finish it and was skipping especially boring passages. I will not venture to read another book by this author.
Rating:  
    1/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment