Thursday, October 19, 2017

Love Virtually (Gut gegen Nordwind #1) by Daniel Glattauer

Author: Daniel Glattauer
Original title: Gut gegen Nordwind
Pages: 287
Edition Language: Russian
Series: Gut gegen Nordwind #1
Format: Paperback 
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Goodreads

Blurb:     
    It's a virtual romance that begins by chance. When Leo mistakenly receives e-mails from a stranger named Emmi, he replies--and Emmi writes back. Soon, secrets are shared, sparks fly, and erotic tension simmers. Even though Emmi is married, it seems only a matter of time till they meet. But will their feelings survive a real-life encounter? And, if so-what then? Funny and fast-paced, Love Virtually offers plenty of twists, turns, and satisfaction.

My thoughts: 
      I liked the book, but it did not seem funny to me, not a bit. Frankly, I find rather dramatic and depressive. Something that started as an innocent chat about nothing turned out into a passion that on the one hand healed and on the other hand destroyed a family and friendship.
The book is written in the form of e-mails and we do not see the author's attitude in the description of the characters. We picture the Leo and Emmi from their letters and those portraits changing as changing their relationship.
I found out that this book has a sequel but I most definitely will not read it as the first book somehow destroyed me. I was thinking it over almost for half of the night imagining different What If's and possible solution of the situation. And I am afraid that a sequel might be rather bleak and disappointing.
Rating:  
    3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment