Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson

Author: Hunter S. Thompson
Original title: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Pages:336
Edition Language: Russian
Series: no
Format: e-book
Genres: do not know
Goodreads

Blurb:    
     Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is the best chronicle of drug-soaked, addle-brained, rollicking good times ever committed to the printed page. It is also the tale of a long weekend road trip that has gone down in the annals of American pop culture as one of the strangest journeys ever undertaken.
My thoughts: 
       I remember when I was in the university everyone talked about the movie based on the novel starring Johnny Depp. I never had a chance, but fallen in love with the soundtrack to the movie and was listening it non-stop. Of course I heard about the novel, but was not eager to read it, unfortunately last year I needed a road trip novel and picked it up...
      On Goodreads it is labeled as "Humor" and if it is, I definitely do not understand something in life. I hated the book as I hated the main topic and the characters. I could not connect to them in any way and all their "living the life" was kind of offensive. I rated it 2 stars anyway, as it is not badly written, and might on some level has its merit; but for me the theme was trashy and thus the novel turned out to be rubbish.
Rating:  
    1,5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment