Sunday, May 20, 2018

Sunday Post #35, Hockey is over

The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received, and share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead. To get in on the Sunday fun, see the rules here: Sunday Post Meme. 

Outside the Blog
      This week was all about hockey. It seems I watched all the important matches and there were quite a lot of surprises. But the level of the competitions still very high and Switzerland, who not many believed in, are playing in the final with last year champion Sweden and let me say what game it is!
   Bookwise it was not so great, I did not finish a single book and DNFed A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James. I did not like the book from the beginning, but was trying to get into the plot, but the book has most of my triggers altogether, and thought with enough devotion I might have finished the book, but I did not enjoy it. Why to do it to yourself, even if the book is a Booker winner. 

 Last on the Blog
Next on the Blog
  • I will publish WWW Wednesday and Library Loot
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  • Vicious by V.E. Schwab
  • Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli and Francesca Cavallo
  • The Birds and Other Stories by Daphne du Maurier
  Newcomers on my Shelf
 I got Looking for Alaska by John Green. This is my first book by this author. I will see if I will get his other books.

1 comment:

  1. I have become a firm believer in DNFing. Life is too short to read bad books. I miss watching hockey. There are a lot of good games going on right now, but I’ve been too busy to keep up with what’s happening. Have a good week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete