Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 24, Top Ten Tuesday, Freebie

 
       Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Visit their blog for more details on how to participate. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list on specific topic.

Topic: Freebie - 10 books that I've got recently

 1. Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter Høeg
I've read the book on my Kindle and loved it, so I have to have a hard copy. Though I must confess I really hate the cover of my edition, but I could not wait.

2. The Quality of Silence by Rosamund Lupton
I was lingering in a book store and wanted something, but I have not decided what. So this book caught my eyes by a winter cover and the synopsis on the back was kind of describing my mood at that moment, so I took it. Do not know anything about the author and the book itself. Might be a nice surprise.

3. Stories: All-New Tales by Neil Gaiman and a lot of other authors (short story collection).
I was checking what I have in the library for Neil Gaiman and came across this book. I like the cooperation of different known authors, when then publish their short stories together. I will see what came out of this collaboration))

4.  Lou-lan by Yasushi Inoue (short story collection). 
 I was quite surprised when I found quite a good selection of Japanese authors in my local library. I am currently reading this book and loving it, thought I must say it is not an easy read.

5.  The Mournful Demeanour of Lieutenant Boruvka: Detective Tales (Lieutenant Boruvka #1) by Josef Škvorecký.  
Again found it in a library and I was intrigued by the idea to get to know more about Czech literature.

6.  The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. 
I got this book on vacation because I have heard so much about this book and it seems to be quite popular among the bloggers and book tubers, that I just must read it. I hope it will not let me down.

7.  Holy Cow by David Duchovny. 
I got two books by David this month, one e-book and another audio book. I have no expectation, but still interested in what he might suggest as an author.

8. Bucky F*cking Dent by David Duchovny 

9. Bossypants by Tina Fey. 
 I am trying to read more non-fiction this year and the easiest way to get into it is to read memoirs of famous and funny people.

10.  Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick.
 Same applies here.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Bossypants! I also enjoyed Scrappy Little Nobody, but I listened to it on audio :) I hope you like them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both of them on audio. I guess it is the best thing: the author can do the stresses and voice hints on really important passages of the book, only the author knows where the accents should be))

      Delete
  2. I hope you get a chance to read all these!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd quite like to Scrappy Little Nobody too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-93/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @IloveHeartlandX, I cannot really tell anything about it for now, until I've read it, but I will definitely share the review of the book.

      Delete