Friday, April 6, 2018

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Author:  Sarah J. Maas
Original title: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Edition Language: English
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #1
Genres: YA, Fantasy
Format: Audio book
Read by: Jennifer Ikeda
Duration: 16h07m
Goodreads

Blurb:
   Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...
    Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest.

My thoughts:
    I have heard so much bad reviews about the book. So many younger readers were raving about it, but "older" bookish generation had really low opinion about it. So my expectations were lower than low and I was waiting when I would be inevitably disappointed and can continue with the second book, about which everyone is ecstatic.
    But I was NOT disappointed. I quite liked the story, it was easy going, captivating and entertaining. Maybe it was due to the audio format, maybe I was tired of serious books, but the book left unexpectedly good impression.  It was also quite rich on important topics and I liked the family dynamics and relationship between sisters and their father. The only "meh" part was the steamy sex scene at the end of the book, it felt a bit out of place, since the rest of the book had quite modest atmosphere.
Rating:
    4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment