Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sunday Post #47, A Big Spring Break

The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.  It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things received, and share news about what is coming up on the blog for the week ahead. To get in on the Sunday fun, see the rules here: Sunday Post Meme. 

Something new
      Again, I fell out of my blogging for some time. It is more than 2 years I am doing it and still cannot work out a proper tempo. Either I blog a lot and read little or vice versa. So during these two months of break, I read 18 books, 4 of which were more than 500 pages.
     In June I was concentrating on my Popsugar Challenge prompts and managed to put it down to 13 main and 7 advanced prompts. I think I will not pick this challenge next year, I am struggling every year and most of the books I read for it, I do not like.
     In July I will try to tackle some of my Classic club and Russian literature books, not sure how it will go, but it is high time to do so.
Last on the Blog 
Next on the Blog
  • On Monday I will review Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel
  • On Tuesday I will publish April 2019 Wrap up
  • On Wednesday I will publish WWW Wednesday and Library Loot
  • On Thursday I will review Headhunters by Jo Nesbø
  • On Friday I will publish Friday in Memes #11
  • On Saturday I will review The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
 Newcomers on my Shelf
I am not buying or taking any book this summer, in order to reduce my physical TBR)

10 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of joining challenges since they out a pressure on me. I only do Goodreads Challenge.
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 books is pretty great! Good luck with your challenges.

    Oh no- bummer about the Lapena books. I just went over and read your reviews- I was kinda thinking of getting Someone You Know (her latest- I think?) so I'm hoping it's a little better. :)

    I've been meaning to read Eleanor & Park for a while- I've only read one Rainbow Rowell book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are a fan of Fangirl. Eleanor and Park was quite good, I hope you'll like it too.

      Delete
  3. 18 books, though, is such a good accomplishment! It's hard blogging and working out a schedule. I do the same thing sometimes re: gaps in my posting. It's one of those things, you know? Reading your review of Eleanor and Park now and it seems like we felt the same way about it! Anyways, I hope you have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Eleanor and Park, and I’ve heard rumours a movie based on it is expected.
    I’ve been Book blogging for 9 years and still haven’t got it all worked out, lol

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand the read a lot = blog little / blog a lot = read little dynamic. I'm there a lot too but think I'm in a better rhythm nowadays... Now I just need to work out the commenting time too! lol

    Glad to see you back on the blog! I need to spend some more time focused on my reading challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not start of the commenting- it is a disaster for me, always late

      Delete