Friday, February 22, 2019

February 22, Friday in Memes #2

The Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer. Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end the following Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
What's your favourite bookish accessory that's NOT a book? (submitted by Angelica @ Paperback Princess)

My Answer:
If Kindle is considered a book and not accessory, then I guess I have none. I love reading and I do not need some special lamp, bookmark etc. to enjoy the reading. I do read everywhere and in different circumstances.

Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Gillion Dumas of Rose City Reader. A weekly meme where readers share the first sentence of the book they are reading and say what they think. 
The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice. Join us every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you’ve been reading.

Goodreads
My Book Beginnings:
The sleeping woman will feel nothing the next morning, only a vague sense of unease and the unshakable feeling that someone is watching her.
My 56:
We ate and slept in the big building. Between five and six hundred people had bled out in there, but the floor and walls had been bleached and the cots they died on had been burned. It still smelled faintly of the Pestilence (a little like soured milk), and the bleach hadn't removed all the bloodstains. There were patterns of tiny spots covering the walls and long, sickle-shaped stains on the floor. It was like living in a 3-D abstract painting.
Outline: I literally know nothing about the book, and I am actually hooked by the beginning and 56 quote. It might be disappointing in the end but for now I am up to it.

24 comments:

  1. I didn't know what to answer, too, for the BBH and at the end I said my reading list in my planner... but even bookmarks that I didn't think about until I read the other answers... but I don't use them with my ereader, too... I do have a big collection, though... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. really spooky! what's going on here?? My post is here: https://francebooktours.com/2019/02/05/first-chapter-first-paragraph-the-first-noel-at-the-villa-des-violettes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the entire series and saw the first movie on TV. LOVED it and I hope you do too.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I did not know there is a movie. Will check it as soon as possible

      Delete
  4. This one has been on my wishlist for a while. I hope you enjoy it. This week I am spotlighting Connections in Death by J. D. Robb. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved/hated the Fifth Wave. It made me afraid that aliens would actually do what it says in the book. My quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book has been on TBR pile for awhile and I somehow completely forgot about it. Those snippets are really making me want to dig through my pile and find it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it is worth a try, disregard the negative review and check for yourself))

      Delete
  7. I wasn't sure if my Kindle counted, but I would have to agree! All those books at my fingertips in such a small device . . .

    I haven't read the Fifth Wave, but I do want to. I hope you really like it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine my reading life without Kindle))

      Delete
  8. The 5th Wave is a book I have had wishlisted for like forever now.... I should get a copy soon. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it from library, for me it was a one time read.

      Delete
  9. That second quote makes me faintly nauseous, so maybe not the book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. I did, but not so sure about continuing the series.

      Delete
  11. On the book blogger hop -- I think the Kindle tablet/e-reader counts! As The Literary Feline so cleverly stated - it is an 'accessory' that houses virtual books!

    On the beginning of The 5th Wave -- sounds really creepy and I am going to find that book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed this series. Happy reading. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete