Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Middle Grade March Announcement and TBR 2019

Middle Grade March is a month long readathon happening March 1-31. It will be hosted by Katie @ Life Between Words  and Krista from BooksAndJams.
Katie's Announcement Video
Krista's Announcement Video
Don't forget to use the hashtag #middlegrademarch so we can follow your reading!

CHALLENGES (optional, of course):
In order to help you choose books for the month we have five challenges or guides.
1. A nonfiction or book based on true events
2. Book with a nonhuman main character
3. A fantasy
4. Book written in verse
5. A diverse read

    I do not read too many so I put up quite a big TBR list I can choose from depending on the mood.

1. I want to check Jo Nesbo's series about Doctor Proctor. Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder, Bubble in the Bathtub, Doctor Proctor Who Cut the Cheese?, The Great Gold Robbery are the four books so far and quite chunky, so it will be good to start and see if it any good.

2. For challenge #2 I have a book sitting on my TBR for some years The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

3. For challenge #3 I have Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. It is sitting on my shelves for more then a year.

4. Additionally I have 6 books by Michael Bond about bear called Paddington. I guess it does not fall under middle grade rules, but I need to read it someday, so why not during March.

Challenges #1,3,5 are quite difficult for me as do not read much children books, so I will wait for recommendations from the hosts.

2 comments:

  1. The One and Only Ivan is phenomenal! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope too, as I have heard good things about it.

      Delete