Monday, February 18, 2019

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Author: Mark Haddon
Original title: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Pages: 272
Edition Language: English
Series: no
Format: Paperback
Genres: Contemporary
Goodreads

Blurb:    
   The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time is a murder mystery novel like no other. The detective, and narrator, is Christopher Boone. Christopher is fifteen and has Asperger's Syndrome. He knows a very great deal about maths and very little about human beings. He loves lists, patterns and the truth. He hates the colours yellow and brown and being touched. He has never gone further than the end of the road on his own, but when he finds a neighbour's dog murdered he sets out on a terrifying journey which will turn his whole world upside down.
My thoughts: 
     I just LOVED the theater adaptations of this book. I went to two performances in two different languages and loved it every time. Sad, heart-breaking story. However, the book was a complete torture. I was struggling for months and could not care less for Christopher. It bored me immensely and I do not know on what power I finished it. It does not mean that I am giving up on the author. On the contrary, I think that the Christopher's perspective did not sit with me well and I am looking forward to other books of Mark Haddon.

Rating:  
    2/5   

4 comments:

  1. I've been aware of this book but have never tried to read it. I find it hard to like a book where I don't like the main character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, maybe you should try it as audio. I really loved it. I also enjoyed A Spot of Bother, by the same author, but I DNFed The Red House

    ReplyDelete