Thursday, February 14, 2019

Six of Crows Series by Leigh Bardugo

Author: Leigh Bardugo
Original title: Six of Crows; Crooked Kingdom
Pages: 576; 672
Edition Language: Russian
Series: Six of Crows
Format: e-book
Genres: Fantasy, YA
Goodreads

Blurb:    
       Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price–and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone…
      Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz’s crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don’t kill each other first.

  
My thoughts: 
    Overall, I'm rating this duology three stars which means that I quite enjoyed it but was not so involved. These books are 100% character driven with a cast of six unique and lovable anti-heroes. The world is easy to get into and the characters are quick to love. I highly appreciate that everyone was given an individual voice and that all six of them had different struggles, but ultimately, by working on a shared goal, managed to overcome them together.
      I loved the aspect of friendship and the romantic relationships were not so heavy and did not make me roll my eyes as it usually happens with YA. Nina and Matthias just won my heart. Also, I love the fact that Nina is fat and loves food and everyone loves her for it and she isn't shamed at all.
     And though it was a fast and captivating read I enjoyed more the character development than the heist itself.
Rating:  
    3/5 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment